MesoTherapy is a treatment with a unique ‘medical device’ that is ideal for non-surgical and non-ablative treatment of various skin conditions such as aging (wrinkles, stretching), scarring (acne, surgical), and hyperpigmentation. It stimulates collagen and elastin production to thicken the skin thereby erasing wrinkles and smoothing scars.
The key functions of Mesotherapy are:
- Improve skin texture, skin tone and pores
- Improve depressed acne scarring
- Improve stretch marks
- Improve pigmentation
- Skin tightness and thickness
- Smooth wrinkles
how does it work
Mesotherapy is a procedure which stimulates the skin to produce new collagen formation, thereby reducing wrinkles, and improving skin texture. During treatment, very fine needles are used to produce many microscopic channels in the skin, which stimulate your own body to produce new collagen. These channels also improve the penetration of therapeutic active ingredients (called MTS Treatments) as well as multi-peptides, vitamins. It stimulates skin renewal, thereby making the skin appear fresher and younger. MesoTherapy is different to artificial injectable collagen, as the effects of collagen induction activities are long lasting.
Clinical studies from Europe, U.S. and South Korea have proven that serum absorption is increased by as much as 1,000 times when applied with Mesotherapy. Clinical studies have also shown that Mesotherapy’s needling treatment is more consistent in increasing the thickness of the skin than IPL and other resurfacing treatments.
What is Mesotherapy?
Mesotherapy involves the injection of a potent cocktail of conventional or homeopathic medicines-vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants and amino-acids – directly into the mesoderm (middle layer of the skin) to nourish and rejuvenate, promote production of collagen and elastin and stimulate your skin’s metabolism.
As your skin ages, circulation decreases and the resulting reduction of oxygen and
nutrients hinders your body’s ability to flush out toxins. This is what drives premature ageing and causes the skin to develop an ashen appearance.
People who have had mesotherapy (or ‘skin-prick nutrition’) describe their skin as looking rested, radiant, glowing and firmer.
Does it hurt?
Treatment is not painful but a slight discomfort may be experienced. Anesthetic cream will be applied prior to treatment.
How long does the treatment take?
It will take approximately an hour.
Which cosmetic conditions does Mesotherapy best?
Damaged skin in various forms:
• Aged skin produces less collagen resulting to appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, creases, folds and furrows.
• Acne scars occur when inflamed pimple damages the skin collagen and scarring on skin over long period of time.
• Stretch marks appear when the dermis is continuously stretched & the collagen fibers that allow skin to stretch break down.
What are the Benefits of Mesotherapy?
- suitable for all skin types / colours
- no risk of burns
- no risk of discolouration to the skin, even with sun exposure
- no ablation of the epidermis, so the skin is not damage
- stimulates and remodels your own collagen naturally without creating ‘scar tissue’
- long-lasting results
What results should I expect from MesoTherapy?
- lightened pigmentation marks
- thicker and tighter skin
- restored elasticity
- reduced pore size
- reduced surgical and acne scarring
- softened stretch marks
What about Side effects, and downtime?
There are no known negative side-effects. After the treatment you can normally return to day-to-day activities immediately. You may experience a little swelling, which will settle within 24 hours. Another possible side effect is the appearance of some small bruises which will also disappear quickly.